Monday 27 January 2014

THE FOUR ELEMENTS - A BERLIN ART EXCLUSIVE



THE FOUR ELEMENTS - A BERLIN ART EXCLUSIVE 

(http://www.berlinartlink.com/the-four-elements/)

I wanted to find more projects based around the four elements, I found a  fine art, sculptural take on the concept of the four elements:

"Rachel de Joode’s artistic intention is to decipher human existence in absurd and surreal ways. Exclusively for Berlin Art Link readers, de Joode has created the curiously funny and poetic photo series “The Four Elements.” In her readings of earth, wind, fire and water, she continues to “portray the otherworldliness” of some of the more banal and overlooked objects in our everyday lives.
What happens when objects are disconnected from their original contexts? What “otherworldliness” emerges in her repositioning and constellation-constructing?
There is only one way to find out." - Berlin Art Link

I really enjoyed this idea of using random objects which she has placed together to give them a new meaning. I love the ambiguity of it and the huge space for interpretation. Although I would like to work with models, I feel as though my response to this project is going to be unpredictable. 

I will be getting random sources of material which will link to each element - in terms of colour - and will be seeing on the day how I can weave the material around the human body, to create an artistic response to my idea of what I feel each element could look like in a fantasy world.  




No comments:

Post a Comment