Monday 13 January 2014

Research - Air Element

Research - Air Element

Elizaveta Porodina


I stumbled across this photographers work by looking through Institute magazine images on Facebook. I had a look on her website and was instantly drawn into her beautiful portfolio.



The tones in her images are the soft, and beautiful - similarly to the historical paintings I've been looking at. She is a photographer based in Germany and has her work featured in Dazed Magazine. The work Porodina makes is very contemporary and fashion based, it is also very surreal, and digitally manipulated - Photoshop is something I would like to further my knowledge on. I would like to be able to perfect airbrushing and be able to add affects in a subtle ways. I usually do not agree with over photo shopping, I like to do most of the work in front of the camera, but would love to be able to touch up the skin with a high professional standard.

This is the work I found of hers which was published in Dazed magazine. It's very visually similar to the way i'm working with material, which I found in a lot of her work. She is the perfect person to be studying in relation to my project. 


I found it interesting reading up on the interview she had with Satellite Voices, who asks her about what influenced her to get into fashion photography. She speaks about how she wanted a new artistic direction as she got bored of illustration and drawing and she found she could create what she loved within the frame of a camera. She looks to capture "strangely beautiful people, their aesthetics, and the way they interpret clothes with their personal dynamics" - Eleziveta Porodino (interview with dazed magazine)
The way she works also grabbed my attention as usually I plan my shoots thoroughly before shooting, arranging locations, models, actors, props and clothing  - whereas this term I wanted to completely experiment and see what I come out with. The only thing I am planning is what material I would like to use, and to have a vague idea of make up and lighting.




"I would describe it as experimental. Before shooting I only have a vague idea about the moments I want to capture; often this idea changes radically when I see how the model fits into the location and the clothes. I always try to leave my mind wide open for new and strange impulses and my intuition that leads me to unexplored experiences."Eliziveta Porodino 

  


Ekaterina Belinskay




Ekaterina Belinska (born 5th February 1988) is a a commercial and editorial photographer, shooting for fashion magazines in Moscow, Paris and Milan.  The degree she studied was the complete opposite to anything creative, acheiving a diploma of engineer-ecologist. similarly to Kirsty Mitchell, she creates her own unique designs from accessories to clothes, she also works with professional designers, make-up artists and stylists. Her work is beautifully mysterious and extremely fascinating in the way the dresses are composed in the images. 

Her work makes me think about how I will experiment with my chosen fabric. I need to consider how I can style it around the body as it will not be a dress and how to highlight the figure in a complimentary manner. In the studio I will experiment with the lighting, and I would like to try lighting the model from behind to see what effect it will create through the material. I hope to get a atherial glow around the models head. I want to exaggerate as much as I can with the models height, therefore shoot from a lower angle.  












No comments:

Post a Comment