Sunday 26 January 2014

Research


PHOTOGRAPHY RESEARCH


Here is a collection of images I found on Institute Magazine that have really caught my eye in reflection to my project. I have been thinking about the different ways I can use material, as this is a key feature within my project. After going around to look at exhibition spaces I started thinking about the possibilities of how my final images could be possibly displayed. It got me thinking about the potential to hang my images. It lead me onto thinking about printing onto material and to relate the material to my four elements - e.g. The water element would be printed onto shiny material, the fire would be printed onto rough material and so on. I will need to research into how I could do this.

The Obsession
Model - Elsa
Make-up Artist - Nina Belkhir
Photographer - Benjamin Vnuk

Beautiful composition, tones, make-up and the simplicity to it. In reflection to my own work I would like to think about how I could create this hair look by using accessible resources. I could try using cream, or foam for hair.  





Ice Queen 
Model - Suvi Koponen
Photographer - Solve Sundsbo

I love the robotic aesthetics to this, the tension through composition of her body and the awkwardness of it. This is something I'm going to keep in mind when dealing with the material. A fan may be interesting to use in creating more motion in the hair and material. 




Powder and Paint
Photographer - Unknown

Powder is something I will be attempting in my fire element shoot - connoting fire and smoke. After researching what is best to use, I will attempt by mixing dry food colouring with baby powder or flower in order to create that colour pigment. It will be interesting to see how the light will capture this without the powder blocking out the model.



Double Vision
Photographer - Craig Shlewitz

Multiple exposures is something I also wish to include in my images. I love any type of movement or motion in an image and I feel this is something I could include in my water or fire element photo shoot. I want my fire element to be dominent and fierce and I need to think about who I use as my models.  I wish to have different models for each element. 



I love the graphical nature to this image. Rather than making my photos look aesthetically similar to paintings, maybe graphics will add a contemporary feel to the image.  I have found a few beautiful examples of this mixed medium.

Photographer - Sølve Sundsbø
Model - Suvi Koponen


Life in Black and White
Photographer - Chris Nicholls
Model - Samantha Rayner


The Obsession
Photographer - Anthony Maule
Model - Eniko Mihalik


I understand that the clothes chosen in each of these images are very bold and simply and it may not work with what i'm doing. I definitely feel as though it's something I need to try and would be good to learn how to add graphical elements to my images.


No comments:

Post a Comment