Thursday 30 January 2014

The Four Elements - I.D. Magazine


 I.D. Fresh works from leading creative proffesionals


  • "Elements"
  • "The German association of prefabricated houses, BDF, has opened their third FertighausWelt Wuppertal where all vendors, who are represented by the association, are showing their houses. The long-term aim of the park is to work energetically independent. Britzpetermann was commissioned to create an interactive installation for the entrance hall that draws attention to the topic energy.

  • We decided to break down the topic energy and chose the 4 elements, the basis of all energy extractions which are used in the park.The visitors are using the installation intentionally or can influence it by walking around in front of it."


Link to the video (Instillation)  - http://www.id-mag.com/gallery/Elements/11382949




I had a look at the project on their website of the instillation. I loved how they placed music in the background to support the instillation of the woman moving the energy with her body. This is something I would include myself if it were my own independent exhibition. I feel like it would provoke more of a calming feel when viewing my four elements. This was perfect in giving theme to my material based work and it has given it more of a structure. After viewing this it made me start to think about the motions and movements of each element, along with what words come to mind when thinking about representation.

Fire: energy, light, heat, abrupt, unpredictable, jagged, distorted, irregular, electrical

Water: wave, tilt, sway, gentle, dominant, steady, smooth, droplets, ripples

Air: Continuous, consistent, endless, important, life, breathe, swirl, twist, turn, repetitive, ethereal

Earth: planet, globe, mother nature, still, strong, structure, dust, creation, sphere, sublunary world, terrene



No comments:

Post a Comment