Monday 17 February 2014

photo shoot 5 - The Fire Element

Photo Shoot 5 - The Fire Element

In post production for this image I changed the colour balance in bridge and sharpened the image. The colour balance added warmth to the image which I then added to further in Photoshop in experimenting with the channel mixer. I increased the reds in the image which added more of a glow to the material and increased the blues to strengthen the colour. I had to clone the bands out on her wrist and some of the red material which stuck out from the sides of the material. Finally I added some curves to the overall image. This is probably the image I will use for my final images on the wall but will re edit the Raw file so when blown up large it shouldn't pixelate.



Below I experimented with the effects I could get through the aesthetics of paintings. I asked Ian to show me how to achieve the canvas type feel to the image. He told me to just play with layers by adding noise, and blurring and sharpening certain areas. We had a browse through YouTube and found this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWv6zWtj7is
This showed you how to manually create the texture separately in Photoshop which is something I will have a look at. Unfortunately when editing my images i soon realised that all the files had converted into JPEGS when they were imported - Iphoto did this automatically. This meaning that I am going to have to go through all three photo shoots and re edit all the images. 
Fortunately for me I only need four images for my final exhibition images, therefore will focus on my four favourites. Tomorrow I am going to Ian Reynolds airbrushing workshop so learn how to properly airbrush the skin, where he said he will show me how to create the glamour glow on the skin. 




Gong Li - Photographed by Paolo Roversi





I wanted to find some work that possesses a painting like quality to it, so I have looked at Paolo Roversi. An Italian photographer working in Paris, who works both in editorial and advertising. Considering his practice which is usually focused on contemporary fashion, instead his work holds a nineteenth century era about it. Mainly focusing on portraiture his work portrays both respectful and tender elements to it, working with large-format polaroid film. I focused on this image to try and decipher how he has created this effect. there is an obvious use of blur and smudge tool in this image and a subtle use of noise to bring in texture. 

Below are some quick and non perfected experiments which I did in photoshop, these images are the ones that will not be used as I had to make quick desisions:














No comments:

Post a Comment