Sunday 9 February 2014

Joyce Tenneson


Joyce Tenneson

After receiving some very positive and kind feedback off Jed Hoyland, he mentioned to look at several photographers. One of which was Joyce Tennenson which I now see is extremely relevant to my work - the use of material and the painting like quality to the images. There is something very soft, the tonal quality is just beautiful.  

Tenneson is the author of fifteen books, and has received numerous awards. Her work combines mythology and portraiture, and  is interested in analysing the acrchetypes of what it is to be human.





"I want to allow others to reveal and celebrate aspects of themselves that are usually hidden. My camera is a witness. It holds a light up for my subjects to help them feel their own essence, and gives them the courage to collaborate in the recording of these revelations." 
- Joyce Tenneson



No comments:

Post a Comment