Monday 10 March 2014

The Workshop

The Workshop 





Here are a few images from the work shop we did with the two photographers who came down from London. They are previous students from Nottingham Trent University and kindly helped us with lighting for the fashion look book images. 
This was not only useful for the look book shoots, but for my own knowledge of the studio and how to proffesionally set it up and how to test the lighting. I learnt that the beauty dish is for a more sharp, air brushed finished whereas the light box is for a more daylight, ethereal effect. I also learnt about distances, that make the difference as to whether there is shadow on the back drop or not. We had to measure everything out and write it all down in order to draw a diagram for the way we would need to set out the look book set in order to get the lighting we wanted. It was also interesting that we brought in a clip light from the back, this lit the side of the model. We used a cone filter to have a more direct light. Over all it was a very good experience and I learnt so much from one day. In relation to my own images, I will use this new source of knowledge for when I expand this project further, possibly next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment